Friday 28 October 2011

The Quotable Lewis

I was going through my books the other day and found my book, "The Quotable Lewis" which have quotes from C.S. Lewis's books and essays that he wrote through out his life. So I though that it would be nice to go through the book and find quotes that I like and then make some comments of my own. So for the first one I found under the title of Grace. Lewis says:
" God gives His gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to recevie them" From Taliessin through Logress 1948.
Also on the same subject, St. Augustine says "God gives where He finds empty hands" A man whose hands are full of parcels can't recive a gift"- From Letters to an American Lady 1958.
I love these quotes because they are a reminder not to have our "hands" too full for God to fill them. That we should always be ready to have God fill our hands in any stage of life, for He can place something unexpected in them.

Stay tuned for next weeks Lewis Quote! :)
~RebeccA.

No comments: