Monday 27 June 2011

Strawberries...Strawberries... and More Strawberries!!

On Saturday I was able to go Strawberry picking!! A friend and her sister took me to a local berry picking farm! We spent about about out in the field, and altogether we got about 25 pounds. I picked for my self 8Lbs. They were only $1.25 per lbs. Which, I thought was a good deal! Spent 10 bucks on fresh strawberries!! After getting home I started to proses them, de-steming them, washing and cutting up about half of them to use. Oh and of course through the proses I was eating them... They were so good!! The sliced strawberries I placed in a zip lock bag to freeze. Then on that day I placed the rest in the fridge so that I could make freezer jam today.  Well here are some pictures of the fun I had along the way!!


Don't hey look so perfect?!! This was my favorite pic!

The processing, cutting, washing, and eating!


Here they are before the fun began!

The perfect Strawberry!!


The cut up ones to freeze!! Maybe they may become a pie, or smoothies, or maybe even syrup!!



Today's part, mashing the strawberries!

More Mashing!!
The berries after the proses of adding pectin, sugar and lemon juice. Ready to pour into containers!!

The lids, marked for storage.

Here are half of the amount I made. This is one batch.

And last the yummy Jam, setting in the fridge!!
Stay tuned for making fruit leather!! That is what I have planned to do with the left over strawberries!Well that is all that is new around here, I have been working still and still tryng to keep up with the house work and my etsy store!! I will try to keep you updated on the things going on around here as summer is here and more things going on to enjoy the warm weather!! Thanks for reading!
~Rebecca

3 comments:

AndraLea Rose said...

Well, I'm not much for detail in this particular situation, but, since I have fully examined and contemplated every word and photo from the Monday, June 27, 2011, post entitled "Strawberries... Strawberries... and More," my comment in response is: YUM! :)

JessicaCynthia said...

Wow- you look like an amazing cook! And I'm %100 sure that you are!!! ;p We picked some strawberries too, and made a heavenly strawberry rhubarb pie. Yummmm. Your jam looks simply divine as well. ;p

Thanks for the post!
~Jess
BTW, are you going to the parade and party on the fourth of July? I thought you were, but am not QUITE sure. I sure hope you can make it!

Rebecca Ann said...

Lol Andra... your funny!! :)

Thanks Jessica!! Yumm... Strawberry Rhubarb pie is very good, and even better when it is home made!! And yes I am going to the parade and the party on the 4th, I am very excited!!
See you Sunday,
Rebecca