Wednesday 25 May 2011

A Porch Garden

 Living in the city is nothing like the country. This has been a little bit of an adjustment I have had to make especially with some of the things that I liked to do with more land. One of these things is gardening. You can't do to much with a back porch but this season I am determined to make the most of it. Last weekend I went to an herb festival, and picked up a few plants.  When I was on the farm I would plant the seeds myself. But because of the good deals I found, I couldn't help but buy a few starts. These are what I found.

                                                                                Mint

Rosemary

Basil

Garlic Chives

Echinacea

And this is another picture of Basil, I just liked this one too!!
And Lord willing my little starts will turn into vibrant fruit barring herbs that bring seasonings to my cooking!! :) I also plan to either get more seeds or plants to fill up the porch with more flowers or herbs, and maybe a few vegetables.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad to see you continuing to pursue gardening even if it is in pots on a porch! Many, many people garden this way successfully, and I'm sure you'll be successful as well. I look forward to seeing how your plants do. :) If you're interested in some veggie seedlings, let me know as I'd be happy to share a few with you. :)

~Mrs. Seifert :)

Rebecca Ann said...

Thanks for reading!! I will try to keep you updated on how they turn out. And we will have to talk more about your seedlings on Sunday!! I am interested to know what you have!!