Wednesday 29 June 2011

Chili Lime Shrimp

Shrimp is one of those yummy (at least some think) things that you don't get to have very often. Well we cooked some up on fathers day, in some butter and garlic. But we had an extra bag of them, so when I saw this recipe I thought I would give it a try.... Just to let you know, it was good, abit spicy but you could always change it to how ever you like. Okay for the recipe.
You will need:
1tsp. Shredded Lime Peel
1/4tsp. Lime Juice
1 Jalapeno, Seeded & minced (I used canned ones)
1TBL. Minced Garlic
2TBL. Olive Oil
1tsp. Chili Powder
1/4 Cayenne Powder
2TBL. Cilantro
1TBL. Honey
1 1/2 LB. Shrimp
Mix all ingredients, Except the shrimp. Place shrimp and marinade in a zip lock bag, or use the bad they came in. Marinade for 20min, flip bag over half way through. DO NOT marinade longer than 20 min other wise the lime will start cooking the shrimp. (something I didn't know :) Now in the recipe they say to grill the shrimp, by placing them on squires, but because I don't have a grill, I cooked them on the stove in the marinade and a bit of butter. I think either way would be good! Now if you don't like it spicy or if you like it MORE spicy put less or more of the spices in. Dad likes it spicy so he added more cayenne pepper. Well here are a few pictures through out the process.

Here is my shrimp marinading!!

Just as the shrimp was finishing I started a pan with 2TBL. of butter
 
Here is the lovely shrimp cooking, on med/hi for about 20 min. or until warm and bubbly

And now I was just about to enjoy the yummy shrimp!!

And there you have it!! It was really easy and good, some times those recipes are hard to come by! :)
I hope your Wednesday is going well, as well as your week!! :)
~RebeccA 

No comments: