Monday 29 August 2011

JoAnn Happenings

So you should know by now that I work at JoAnn Fabric and Craft Store.... Right? Well I have been for almost a year now, and all is going well. Though the first excitements of it all have worn off alittle, and it has become mainly just work, I am still enjoying the customers that I meat, as I try to assist them in finding all they need for there various projects.

Well as of July I have learned alittle more than just working the cash register and the cutting counter, I have been helping the the custom frame shop that we have in the store. Where you can bring in various art pieces, cross stitching, photographs, and even jerseys to be framed just the way you would want it to look like, hanging on you wall. What is neat about the whole thing is that as a custom framer, you are the only employ actually doing some form of craft work in the store, and being payed for it!!
Here is an idea of what we do (Thank you Google for pictures:)
We kinda have a wall of frames like the on below, to choose from and our back room, where we put them all together, in a way looks like the one with the man working, except, there are only gals that work in our frame shop :)


You can frame all sorts of things,

In all different sizes,
Or even different frames them selves.

Even though I have only taken a few orders and put together a few frames, The frame shop has been a whole new experience that I have never had, and I'm glad to learn new things!! So if you are ever wanting to frame some art work, or pictures, I hope to see you in the frame shop!

No comments: